Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Annie Porter Ainsworth Memorial Library on January 20, 2020. Revised on January 5, 2021.
The Annie Porter Ainsworth Library’s Museum Pass Program provides patrons admission at a reduced cost, or no cost, to a variety of local museums and attractions.
- Museum passes may be borrowed only by library cardholders ages 18 and over who are in good standing.
- Only one (1) pass may be borrowed per cardholder at a time.
- Each museum pass may be loaned for a seven (7) day period.
- Passes cannot be renewed.
- Passes can be placed on hold by phone, online, or in-person.
- Museum passes are not available for interlibrary loan.
By borrowing passes, patrons agree to the borrowing guidelines, including payments for lost passes.
The library is unable to accommodate requests to hold a museum pass for a specific date.
Patrons will have three (3) days once they have been notified of its availability. These three days do not include the days when the library is closed. In the event that a pass has not been picked up during this three-day period, the next patron on the holds list will be contacted to pick up that pass.
A fine of $2.00 per day will be charged for each day that a museum pass is overdue with a maximum fine of $10.00.
Failure to return the museum pass will result in a fine equal to the replacement cost of the museum pass. Museum passes that are returned in a condition that renders them unusable will also be subject to a fine that is equal to the replacement cost.
When the library is closed, passes can be returned in the book drop using the envelope provided.
Admission policies vary with each pass. Please check each for details, possible charges, and number of persons admitted. Institutional policies for each pass are subject to change.