- To allow library personnel access to efficient and alternative means of payment for approved expenses, especially expenses related to online purchases
- To improve managerial reporting related to bank card purchases
- To improve efficiency and reduce costs of payables processing
- To provide a layer of security for the library from fraudulent charges
Library bank cards will be issued to staff only upon approval of the Board of Trustees.
Bank cards will be used only for business purposes. Personal purchases of any type are not allowed.
The following purchases are not allowed without prior approval from the Board of Trustees:
- Capital equipment and upgrades
- Construction, renovation/installation
- Items or services on term contracts
- Maintenance agreements
- Purchases involving trade-in of library property
- Any items deemed inconsistent with the values of the Library
- Cash advances on bank cards are not allowed without written permission from the treasurer.
- Cardholders will be required to sign an agreement indicating their acceptance of these terms. Individuals who do not adhere to these policies and procedures will risk revocation of their bank card privileges and/or disciplinary action.
- Bank cards may be requested for prospective cardholders by written request to the treasurer.
- Detailed receipts must be retained and attached to the bank card statements. Each receipt must include the date, time, names of all persons involved in the purchase, and a brief description of the business purpose of the purchase, in accordance with Internal Revenue Service regulations
Approved and adopted by the Board of Trustees on May 8, 2018; amended March 7, 2023.